God's Goodness is All Around Me!

In the time that I have been here I have been blessed to meet some really amazing people and they have revealed God to me in so many ways. First, there is lovely Sophia. She is an elderly woman that cannot see well but is great at memorizing people's voices. She sits outside most of the day because she does not want life to pass her by and wants to interact with people. She is sharp and is always ready to praise the Lord even in the midst of her loneliness and suffering. Whenever I walk past her and greet her she knows exactly who I am and sometimes we vist her and read her the bible.



Then there's Cesar the announcer in our pueblo. Early in the morning he reads a prayer into the microphone and the whole town hears it. He is very generous and although people have to pay for his announcements, he never charges us anything. He is Catholic and says that is his way of contributing to the church. Whenever we need to let our pueblo know about something I visit him and give him the details and he announces all of our church activities with such passion and dedication. He inspires me because it is great to see him using his talents to glorify God. Although his studio is very humble and simple, he does a great job announcing!



Meet Kiara:) She is a sweet little friend that is so eager to know Jesus and loves spending time with us missionaries. She came over the other day and I taught her how to make a rosary. She is bright and loves learning about Jesus. She is like a sponge! Her zeal for the Lord is such a gift to me! The rosary ministry just fell into my lap without me looking for it. Katie who is an awesome member of our mission team taught me how to make one and ever since then I have been making rosaries with people and telling them about Mother Mary. I think it is in response to my prayer for the youth and the protection of their purity. When so many youth were wanting to come over to our house to make rosaries, I felt drained afterwards but realized Mother Mary was bringing her children closer and would protect them even more if they prayed the rosary.




Lastly, I want to tell you about Albina and Constantino who we visited the other day. It seems as if she suffers from some form of mental illness and he cannot hear very well. They seem lonely and sad but when we visited them and read the bible and sang songs I saw him smile for the first time. Their grandaughters all came over and they brought lots of joy! Children always have such a way of reminding us that there is hope. Got a picture of the little ones laughing hard when I was joking with them. This is what joy looks like!




Hope you enjoyed reading about some of the greats in our pueblo of Buenos Aires! There are so many stories and beautiful souls I have encountered here. If I told you all about them I could go on and on. I feel truly blessed that God has chosen to put me here so that I could journey with them spiritually! Look around you and you will see God's goodness. How is he manifesting himself in your life through the people around you? What have you learned about God from those he has placed in your life at this time?



Comments

Popular Posts